Green Belts are those professionals trained on the Six Sigma improvement methodology. In an organization, their role includes leading a process improvement team. The Six Sigma Green Belt certification program (SSGB) is a short course offered by the American Certification Institute(ACI), USA. Listed here below are 20 facts on Six Sigma Green Belt SSGB training.
- Six Sigma Green Belts are employed as senior IT project managers, performance excellence directors, project engineers, data scientists, operating system specialists, business process analysts, reliability engineers, compliance structural engineers, process development engineers, lead manufacturing engineers, lean six sigma consultants, and warehouse operations managers.
- They are employed in diverse industries, especially in supply chain management and logistics banking, retail, purchasing, and manufacturing.
- Green Belts generally spend 25 percent to 50 percent of their time on handling Six Sigma projects.
- Green Belts start using Six Sigma methodology as a “way of doing business”.
- Green Belts gain valuable tools and experience during their certification and career.
- Green Belts who exhibit expertise of Six Sigma methods and generate significant results are generally promoted within their organizations.
- They earn higher wages than their uncertified colleagues.
- Six Sigma Green Belts generally work on projects within their own area of expertise, unlike Black Belts who deal with cross-functional projects.
- Green Belts are trained within 120 hours in Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, tool sets and related aspects. This period is generally distributed somewhere between three and ten days.
- Certain organizations have set SSGB certification as the prerequisite for promotion. Several organizations ask their employees to at least undergo Six Sigma training before they are given a promotion.
- SSGB certification program can be availed via completely online sessions, classroom sessions, or a combination of both (hybrid).
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification requirements set by the American Certification Institute, USA, includes the completion of training, the passing an online or written test, and the completion of a Green Belt project.
- The Six Sigma leadership will play a vital role in shaping the team and the outcomes of the project.
- Green Belts are expected work on and enhance their team facilitation skills.
- It is the responsibility of the Six Sigma Green Belts to collect data and validate the measurement system for the project which they are handling.
- Six Sigma Green Belts know how to create a Fishbone (Cause and Effect) diagram to recognize probable causes of defects in the process.
- Green Belts can aid their team in overcoming resistance to change by getting them involved in the process and guiding them to data-driven solutions.
We encourage you to take up the SSGB certification program from the ITI Institute, and become a qualified Green Belt.
Register today for SSGB certification and training visit : http://itiinstitute.org/coursesuae/sixsigma-certification.html